What is AMA?
The American Marketing Association (AMA) is an organization made up of more than 38,000 professionals, professors, and students who are leading the practice, teaching, and development of marketing worldwide. It provides resources, education, career and professional development opportunities. Through relevant information, comprehensive education and targeted networking, the AMA assists marketers in deepening their marketing expertise, elevating their careers and ultimately, achieving better results.
The mission of the California State University, Long Beach American Marketing Association (AMA) is to compliment the university’s academic curriculum by providing our members with real world marketing practices through means of
- extensive networking
- professional development workshops
- committee involvement
- organizing a student-ran marketing agency
- gathering a diverse range of speakers
- direct communication on several communication platforms
• Dedicated and involved AMA members.
• AMA valued as a vital contributor to the campus and local community.
• Connecting students to the professional business world.
• Diversity – embrace the creativity, ideas, strengths, and experiences of each AMA member.
• Integrity – maintain a professional standard that is both ethically and socially responsible.
• Service – provide beneficial cost-effective services to students that promote growth and exposure to the professional business world.
• Teamwork – promote relationship building, cooperation with campus and community, and open communication
Who are we?
The California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) chapter is one of 323 active collegiate chapters of AMA across the United States and internationally, including Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Every semester we continue to increase our membership, as well as remaining a successful and dynamic organization on campus and within the community. A strong focus is placed on community service and fundraising, as well as hosting activities such Marketing Week with professional speakers. We also help students with professional development by offering internships and providing real-world marketing experience with our student-run agency, Industry 241.
All collegiate chapters will join together in New Orleans, Louisiana for the 34th Annual International Collegiate Conference sponsored by education company Pearson. A network of over 1,000 students and their faculty advisers gather to learn about career paths within the marketing field from representatives from top companies and celebrate their AMA chapters and accomplishments.
CSULB AMA received the following awards for 2010-2011
- Outstanding Chapter Planning
- Outstanding Communications
- Outstanding Professional Development
- Honorable Mention for Marketing Week
To view past awards, click here